The Festa della Sensa is an ancient celebration dating back to May 9th, 1000 CE, when Venice first became a naval power in the Mediterranean Sea. This date also commemorates an event that took place in 1177 when the Doge Sebastiano Ziani, Pope Alexander III and the Holy Roman Emperor, Frederick Barbarossa agreed to the Treaty of Venice. It was a symbolic marriage ceremony between Venice and the Sea. This ceremony is recreated annually with the Mayor of Venice taking on the traditional role which was historically carried out by the Doge. The Mayor throws a golden ring into the sea to celebrate the union between the city and the water.
The La Sensa Room has been individually designed with original wooden beams lovingly restored and retaining period features, including the original Venetian terrazzo floor and wooden paneling. It provides generous space in luxurious comfort, all overlooking the iconic waterway of the Grand Canal.
With a king sized double bed and a glamorous marble bathroom complete with separate bath and walk-in shower, guests can enjoy deluxe toiletries, international satellite TV, complimentary bottled water and Wi-Fi in a large, unique and elegant bedroom in our boutique hotel in Venice.
La Sensa Room Features:
- Size: 32m2
- King sized double bed
- Marble bathroom with separate bathtub and shower
- Romantic view of the Grand Canal
- Minibar and free mineral water
- Bathrobe and slippers provided
- Free internet connection throughout the property; free Sky and Mediaset Premium TV channels available
- 42” Widescreen TV with satellite service
- Direct dial telephone in room
Extras and Services:
- Call room service at any time
- Pets may stay (at manager’s discretion)
- Shoe shining, babysitting and laundry
- Daily newspaper sent to room
- Foreign currency exchange arranged
- Request extra beds for an additional fee
- Transfers to and from Palazzo on request